Last Updated: February 7, 2017
The Crypt Holdings, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Company”, “we” or “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided by users of and visitors to its website, www.crypttv.com (“Site”). Because of our commitment to our users (“you” or “your”) and their privacy, we have established the following Privacy Statement which explains what personal information we collect from users of the Site, and what we do with such information.
What information we collect:
At present we only collect personally identifiable information (“PII” or “personal information”) in the following ways: (1) when you choose to subscribe to our newsletter or blog, and provide us with limited personal information, and (2) personal information we get from certain services such as Google Analytics. In addition, we may collect device IDs and IP addresses from Site users, which is considered PII in certain jurisdictions.
More specifically, we collect the following personal information from these sources:
- When you sign up to receive our newsletter, you will be asked to provide: your name and email address.
- Certain content management and measurement services that we use, such as Google Analytics collect device identifiers (such as IP address and device ID), date and time of Site access by users and mobile network information including phone number, which enables us to gather aggregate demographic information about our users, and in certain cases provides us with more detailed demographics about Site users.
- We do not collect or hold any credit card information in relation to the Site.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we are made aware of that we have such personal information, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information.
How we use information we collect:
- Certain information, such as personal information you provide in order to subscribe to our newsletters or blogs, as described above, is used to facilitate such activities.
- We do not disclose this information to third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you, or are required to disclose such information by law.
- Other information, such as that collected from cookies and other technologies, like Internet or pixel tags, placed by services such as Google Analytics, is used to gather broad demographic information about our users in general, which are used for audits and to perform statistical analysis of user behavior in order to measure interest in various areas of our Site and to ensure a better user experience on the Site. Much of this information is anonymous and aggregated data, which is used to generate reports for various business purposes.
- We may share, sell or trade with third parties the aggregated, non-personal information (e.g. number of users who searched for a particular term), as well as anonymized information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, mobile ID and user agent. However, as stated earlier, this information does not identify you individually, and generally this alone is not regarded as PII under applicable US law.
- A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is visiting a website. When the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Third-party cookies are used to compile records of users’ browsing history.
Correcting Your Information and Opting Out
- With respect to email newsletters or other communications sent to our users about the Site, and the videos, products and services offered or to be offered on the Site: upon your request, we will remove your personal information from our database or permit you to opt-out of further communication of this nature if you simply send an email to [email protected], and place the word “Crypttv.com Newsletter Remove” in the subject field.
- The Company takes commercially reasonable precautions to keep any personal information disclosed to us via the Site secure, using physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such information against unauthorized access or use.
- Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee the security, accuracy or completeness of such information or our procedures, and your use of the Site is at your own risk.
Finally, the Site is a U.S. website intended for our U.S. users. The Site is in full compliance with all U.S. laws, but we do not represent that we are in compliance with all laws, including privacy laws, in all countries.
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, in order to comply with law and as deemed necessary for our Site and business. If we update or modify the Privacy Statement, we will post the updated revision to the Site and indicate the date of revision, which is when such updated Statement became effective.
For questions about this Privacy Statement or Site practices, please contact us either at [email protected], or by mail at:
Attention: Website Privacy Questions
150 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049